course providers & Services

Graduate Programs

The following institutions offer master's degrees that contain courses required for the LPCC license.  These institutions are helping to support CALPCC's work with their paid advertisements. Universities with BBS-approved programs are invited to advertise their programs.  View More below regarding accreditation and 2012 requirements >>

CALPCC does not endorse programs or institutions.

Photo: Touro University Worldwide

Graduate Programs for School and Clinical Counselors: Find Your Program with Azusa Pacific University

Azusa Pacific University

Azusa Pacific’s M.A.Ed. in Educational and Clinical Counseling equips you to work in K-12 schools and in clinical or private practice. Meet credentialing requirements and prepare for LPCC licensure in California.

Contact APU’s Department of School Counseling and School Psychology at (626) 815-5424.

Learn More

Alliant International University  

The Clinical Counseling MA Program at California School of Professional Psychology (CSPP) prepares mental health professional trainees to serve people and make an impact on their communities. Available at our Fresno and Online campuses, this program is designed to support students’ busy schedules and responsibilities.

For more information, visit

Hope International University

Hope International University’s 61-unit Master of Science in Counseling Psychology program is designed to prepare students for a career as Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC). "Professional clinical counseling" includes conducting assessments for the purpose of establishing counseling goals and objectives to empower individuals to deal adequately with life situations, reduce stress, experience growth, change behavior, and make well-informed, rational decisions.

For more information please contact, Danielah Germon - or call (888) 352-HOPE

California Southern University

California Southern University  

The CalSouthern (MA) Master of Arts Degree Program has been pre-approved by the California (BBS) Board of Behavioral Sciences to meet the educational requirements for both (LPCC) Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor and (MFT) Marriage and Family Therapist at the same time, per California Business and Professions Code (BPC) Sections 4999.32 and 4999.33 (as required by BPC Section 4999.40(a)) and (BPC) Sections 4980.36, 4980.37, 4980.39, 4980.41 (as required by BPC Section 4980.38) in the state of California. For licensure requirements in other states and jurisdictions, please contact the applicable authority or state board and check out for more information.   

Eisner Institute for Professional Studies

The Eisner Institute MA  in psychology  is approved by the Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) for licensure as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPCC) and Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT.) The programs are 100% percent online with no residency requirement.

For more information contact:
or call 818 380-0185

University of Redlands

Featuring cutting-edge educational experiences, skilled clinical supervision, and a rigorous academic program of study, the Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling program prepares students for California licensure with the Board of Behavioral Sciences. Students can earn an emphasis in working with couples and families, or school counseling by earning their PPS credential in conjunction with their Masters.

For more information, please contact or call 1-877-299-7547 FREE.

Vanguard Graduate Clinical Psychology Program

Vanguard's Graduate Clinical Psychology Program is approved by the Board of Behavioral Sciences for licensure as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC) and Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT),  in the state of California.  Vanguard provides rigorous academic training, guided professional development, and integrative faith based learning in collaborative and supportive environment.    

For more information contact: or call  877.669.8872 or 714.966.5499

Accreditation or Approval:  Licensure requires a degree from a university that is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, or its equivalent accrediting association, or a university that possessed unconditional approval by California's Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education at the time of the applicant's graduation.

2012 Requirements:  Those who began graduate study on or after August 1, 2012 must meet requirements that went into effect on this date.  Although those who earn degrees out-of-state will be able to complete these requirements post-degree, California applicants must graduate from a program that the Board of Behavioral Sciences has pre-approved.  The BBS list of programs to be sure that a university's program has been evaluated for the 2012 requirements and if it has any missing courses:  

CALPCC does not endorse programs or institutions.

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software